Jsut for the record Steven is NOT stressed about the dress - I resemble that implication. The dress is certianly YOUR worry.
What I was getting stressed about is the fact that a certain bride to be seemed to not even be bother about getting a dress always dismissing and making excused about "we probably have loads of time" or "I don't think we need to worry".
Probably and think are not reasurring words when dealing in Dubai - words/phases like "I've checked and they say..." or "we have agreed it will take..." are the surest way to calm me down.
Now, having lived in Dubai for nearly 7 years I know full well that you have to be a little laid back with things because they never EVER run smoothly. However, I also know that to get anything done on time you have to start chasing for it at least twice as early as you would anywhere else in the world, you have to expect to be lied to and messed about on delivery
and, with something as special as a weddign dress, you have to expect to get to the last minute in your deadline and be told "Oh boss, there is a problem, it will need $XXXX more money to fix - you pay or will no tbe ready in time"
Or, you are told all the way through that it is going to be fne and then when they finally deliver it is NOTHING like what was promised
That I don't want.
So, now your ladyship has finally got off her ar$e and arranged something and got the ball rolling I am a chilled bunny again. The dress - I have no doubt Imogen will look fantastic in whatever she chooses as she has great taste and style (she chose me after all). But its the crooks here I don't trust...still my mind is at rest now, probably helped by the fact the dress maker is of the best kind - a brit ;0)




No comments:
Post a Comment