Monday, 9 February 2009

The Grand Announcement

On 12 January 2009 Imogen Louise Mason made the life changing act of foolhardiness and agreed to marry me (Howard Steven Beckett).

I did have big plans to propose to her on valentines day 2009 and had been planning and scheme leading up to this. I had spent a few weeks in discussion with my Aunty Sharon who has her own Jerwerly company to arrange a ring.

On the way home from work on the 12th I decided to ring Imogen's father and do the proper thing and ask his permission to marry his beautiful daughter. Thankfully, after a nerve racking phone call, he agreed and I was all set to send the money and buy the ring.

When I got up to our appartment Imogen was waiting for me and asked me to sit down. Worried what she was about to tell me she said:

"Steven, you are probably going to be cross, but I've been thinking, and I know its not the girls place to ask, and I won't ask because that's teh boys job, but I....well......I like you a lot and I'd liek to be married to you one day, oh and I'd like it to before Christmas. I'l leave it to you to sort it out"

Well that stole my thunder didn't it so I decided I might as well get it over and done with and popped the question and the rest, as they say, is history.

and so it is that this whole nuptial adventure was commenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment